Graduate students who are U.S. citizens or eligible non-citizens apply for federal financial aid by submitting the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online. Direct Loans, Grad PLUS Loans, and work-study are available through this process. While students may submit this application throughout the year, graduate students wishing to be considered for work-study must submit their FAFSA each year by March 2 for the upcoming academic year. All domestic graduate students expecting campus support must file the FAFSA on time annually.

The combination of loans, work-study, fellowships, fee remissions, and health insurance awards cannot exceed the budget used for financial aid eligibility determination. Your aid package may change if you receive fellowships or awards during the year.

For more information about loans, work-study, and other financial aid, refer to the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships Graduate Student page and the Money Matters page.