2023 Graduate Division Commencement
We salute the achievements of our students with their families, friends, mentors, and colleagues with this year's in-person Commencement on Friday, June 16th, 1 pm on the UCSB Commencement Green.
Questions? Email email@example.com.
Information for Graduates
Information for Faculty Hooders
Other Commencement Resources
Pre-Event Instructions for Graduates
Purchase your Masters or Doctoral regalia via the UCSB Campus Store.
- No tickets required for guests.
- Electronic Stage Pass will be emailed to you in early June (to your UCSB email address.) This is the pass that you need to show in order to line up and have your name read across the stage
- Please watch out for updates on parking during Commencement.
Check-In at the Events Center (a.k.a. Thunderdome)
- Plan to arrive at the Events Center wearing your regalia at 11:30 am. This will allow time to check in, use the restrooms, find faculty, and line up.
- Make sure your phone is charged, as you will need it to scan your electronic stage pass.
- Everyone is to wear their cap and gown; the tassel can go on either side for graduate students. Master's students will wear their hoods. Doctoral students will carry their hoods and be hooded on stage.
- Listen for instructions to line up.
- The procession will leave the Events Center promptly at 12:40 p.m. Don’t leave any of your personal belongings in the Events Center.
- Only students and their professors will be allowed in the Events Center. Please ask your family and friends to go directly to the seating area on the Commencement Green and to take with them your personal possessions. The Events Center will be locked after the procession leaves at 12:40 p.m. Do not leave any personal belongings there.
- Doctoral students: Arrange in advance when and where you will meet up with your faculty hooder. Most faculty hooders will line up with you in the Events Center and sit next to you on the Commencement Green. Some hooders will be part of the Chancellor’s Platform Party (meaning they will sit on the stage, not with you on the Commencement Green), so they will meet you near the photography station next to the stage when it is time for you to walk across the stage.
Pre-Event Instructions for Faculty Hooders
Check-in and Regalia Pick up at Hatlen Theater
► All faculty need to check-in with staff outside of Hatlen Theater (map) in Theater and Dance starting at 11 a.m. on the day of the ceremony (Friday, June 16, 2023). See here for parking instructions.
► Faculty who are borrowing regalia will pick it up at Hatlen Theater starting at 11 a.m.
► Faculty who own their own regalia should plan to arrive at the Hatlen Theater by 11:30 a.m.
► Lunch will be available to faculty starting at 11 a.m. in Hatlen Theater.
► Staff will be available at Hatlen Theater and on the patio outside Theater and Dance to assist you with your regalia and in lining up.
► Please return borrowed regalia to Hatlen Theater once the ceremony concludes.
- Please watch our Hooding Procedure video